Tuesday, February 7, 2012: Brown Bag Lunch- “Every Word Matters” – Learn tips for better business writing. Held from noon – 1:00 PM in our boardroom at 625 N. Washington Street, Suite 400 and presented by Eliza Dolin, Ivy Quill Communications, LLC. REGISTER NOW!
Thursday, February 9, 2012:Google to Great Webinar- “Marketing with Google Maps” (Google Maps)- This session runs from 10:15 to 11:15 AM. To register visit our website under the “Hot Topics” heading on the home page. Miss a webinar? Go to our archived resources page.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012: START MANAGE GROW Workshop – “Federal Business Development for Service Providers” presented by John Boulware, Federal Contractor Consultant; the second in a mini-series on Federal Contracting. Are you a service provider that needs help with identifying government business? Come to our expanded and interactive series designed to help you win federal contracts! Held in our office at 625 N. Washington Street, Suite 400 from 9:00 -11:00 AM. REGISTER NOW!
Thursday, February 23, 2012: Google to Great Webinar – “Being Business-Informed Using Google”(Google Reader, FastFlip & Currents). This session runs from 10:15 to 11:15 AM. To register visit our website under the “Hot Topics” heading on the home page. Miss a webinar? Go to our archived resources page.
**A hands-on ‘not to miss’ Google to Great EVENT: Only 25 can attend and you must bring your laptop or iPad**
Wednesday, February 29, 2012: “Google+ for Small business” – in this workshop, you get the best of both worlds from Alexandria SBDC and Google. First, Ray Sidney-Smith, president of W3 Consulting, a Web and digital strategy firm for Small Business, will present a strategic overview of Google+ for small businesses. Following the presentation, Ray will hand over the microphone to Googlers who will walk you through the steps to launch your own Google+ pages for your business. The session will run from 9AM to Noon in our boardroom, located at 625 N. Washington Street, and a light breakfast will be included. To register, call Pat Melton, SBDC Counselor, 703-778-2960. Because we expect this to close out early, we ask if you register, to please attend or let us know if you cannot, so others can!
Save the date for additional events that will help your business GROW:
- Tuesday, March 6: Brown Bag Lunch: “Business Structure Considerations: Legal and Tax Consequences” presented by Karen Hermann and Jen Ray, both Counsel at Crowell & Moring, LLP
- Tuesday, March 13:“Federal Proposal Development- Focus on Technical Proposal”presented by John Boulware, Federal Contractor Consultant
- Tuesday, March 27: “Federal Proposal Development- Focus on Cost Proposal”presented by Sequin Lukon, The Essential Agreement, LLC
- Tuesday, April 3: Brown Bag Lunch: From One to Many – Hiring Smartspresented byPatricia Frame, Strategies for Human Resources
- Tuesday, April 24: “Subcontracting to Prime Federal Contractors” presented by Sequin Lukon, The Essential Agreement, LLC
- Tuesday, May 8: “Financing for Government Contracting: The Importance of Timing”presented by Barbara Greenwald of Sheinwald Financial Strategies
– Mini-series on branding your business presented by Belmont, Inc.
– Nonprofit business practices and guidance presented by Renner & Company, CPA, PC