If you haven’t heard about it already, the Retail Merchants Association has launched a campaign and website, ThinkShopBuyLocal.com, to encourage consumers and businesses to join a movement to support retail business in local communities.
I can’t say it better than them on their main page, so here’s what it says about each aspect of the campaign:
- Your local businesses give back more to the community.
- More of your dollars stay in the community.
- More jobs stay in the community.
- You can find anything you need locally.
- You develop relationships locally.
- You can find affordable prices in our community.
- For every $1 spent at local businesses, 45¢ is reinvested locally. Non-local purchases keep, at most, 15¢ in your local community.
- Local businesses value, respect and appreciate your patronage.
- More tax dollars go to schools and roads in your community.
Join the movement! Take the pledge to show your support: “I pledge to THINK first of my local economy, SHOP first at my local businesses, and BUY first from local companies who give back so much, in so many ways, to my community.”
So, if you know a retail small business in Alexandria that hasn’t joined, please suggest it to them and to have them spread the word to other retail small businesses. And, if you’re a small business in Alexandria, why not patronize your retail small businesses for products you need for your company? It can only help the local economy and the small business community in the City of Alexandria!
- EVENT: Every Word Matters in Business (Tues, 2/7/12) (alexandriasmallbusiness.com)
- What Does the Alexandria SBDC Do – Our Services (alexandriasmallbusiness.com)
- Sustainable Local Food & Fun (eatdrinkbetter.com)
Small Business Evangelist. Web & Digital Technology Strategist. Business Management Consultant. Presenter | Speaker | Trainer. Evernote Certified Consultant. Google Small Business Advisor, Productivity. Productivity, Technology & GTD Enthusiast, Coach & Podcaster.